Sunday, March 28, 2010

Preachers are haters...well, some of them.

Disclaimer: I don't know what religion you are. Frankly I don't care. Your religion is your business. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in God. So don't think I'm pickin on your pastor, I don't even know him...no need gettin all touchy 'n shyt.

Aight, so I had a dream about going to church the other night. This is strange because I haven't been to church in years, but I guess when you work at a church, it's bound to creep in there somehow.

Anyway...

I got to thinkin about the churches I used to go to and the various preachers and ministers I've listened to through the years. And I've come to a conclusion: These niggaz are haters.

Think about how many preachers you've heard talk about all the drinkin, sex and partyin they did "before I found the Lord". But naw, they don't want YOU to do any of that. They were gettin drunk every weekend, different woman every night and all that shyt. But ME? Oh no...they don't want ME to have any fun. They want me to pray, read the Bible, sing songs...oh yeah, and give them more of my money.

I mean, really...why is every preacher tryna sell you books, DVDs and all this crap? If I wanna know what you got to say about somethin, I'll show up on Sunday. TD Jakes is prolly the biggest violator of people's wallets. This dude has these huge conferences and every year sells "early-bird specials" for the next year's conference. And of course he's got his entire library of "spiritual wisdom" or whatever he wants to call it for sale. But people eat it up, so I can't knock the hustle.

But aside from being "God hustlers", these cats are still haters. Can I have my fun? Can I get my share of drunkenness and loose women? Ya'll had a "moment of clarity" and all that enlightenment crap, can I have mine too?

But these days, the way some of these preachers are acting, they may not have left their lives of sin behind. I'm hearing stories about preachers having affairs with married women. Hell, even preachers on the DL having affairs with married men.

Maybe I'm jus hatin on their hustle...naw, not really tho. Cuz they can have all that stuff if they want. I jus don't don't wanna play their game or have them play me.

No comments:

Post a Comment