Saturday, March 27, 2010

We Finally Have Health Care Reform...Hooray...(kinda)

Now don't ya'll get me wrong. I do think that money hungry corporations do a lot of foul shit. I think that there are plenty of greedy sumbitches out there who only care about the "almighty dollar" and such. I'm not gonna defend them or anything...but I have a couple problems with this health care reform thing.

Aight, number one: Don't need the government telling me how to spend my money. Ya'll can say all that "It's for your own good bullshyt" if you want. Plenty of shyt can be done "for your own good", but I'm a grown ass man. If government is goin around tellin grown folk what's "for their own good", that's a slippery slope I'm not tryin to ride. There's supposed to be this thing called "personal responsibility" and "freedom of choice" that we get to enjoy in this country and I, for one, would like to keep that rollin.

And making me pay a fine for NOT having insurance...yeah, ya'll can eat a dick for that. I either pay to have insurance or pay to NOT having insurance. Yeah, whoever put that shyt in can eat a fat, uninsured penis.

Second, do ya'll really think this isn't gonna create more debt? Name the first government program that DIDN'T create debt. Go ahead. No rush...wanna check google...maybe wikipedia? Here's a hint...NOT GONNA FIND ONE!!! OK, next assignment, what was the first government program that was actually successful? Hmmm....yeah, they're battin the opposite of 1.000 on that. Public schools, Medicaid, Welfare, all this shyt is bad, gettin worse and has very little hope in sight.

But gettin back to the "it's gonna create more debt" point, let's just look at this rationally. If it costs $5,000 to perform an X-Ray, but people are paying on a sliding scale...well guess what, even if you can only pay $200 the other $4800 is coming from somewhere. And if you're on the government plan, guess where it comes from? That's right. Tax money.

Now I feel some of you pulling away from me and I understand why. You say, "But if people are paying into the system, it won't be taxes that cover the cost, it'll be covered by what people are paying." Naw naw naw, I think you're a lil too smart for that. If it's $5000 for the X-Ray, it would take 25 people payin $200 to cover it. But please believe, all 25 of those people are gonna be creating other medical bills that need to be covered. The government option is gonna be used by the people who are too poor to have "regular" insurance. And with all those people creating bills they can't cover, even by pooling their money, well...they're prolly gonna come up short. And who's gonna cover the gap? Heheh...nevermind.

Finally, I'd like to address the foolishness that is allowing abortion but requiring insurance. OK, so...women can do what they want to their bodies (and by their bodies I mean the one growing inside them), but I can't "risk my own health" because "Big Brother" says it's not a good idea. Why does Big Brother tell some of these bitches to stop fukkin? Huh? Where was Big Brother on that? I mean, if Big Brother gonna start tellin people what to do, don't half-step, go all the way live...(see what I mean about this slippery slope?)

Aight, so is reform necessary? Sure. We don't live in a perfect democracy (I think our government makes it too damn difficult for systems to work the way their supposed to, but I won't bore you with that crap.) Yeah, there's some predatory companies and such out there and hell, it's a free economy, so what are ya gonna do?

Here's a couple ideas: Take out this requirement for insurance. Allow people to buy insurance across state lines (making companies more competitive, another thing we're SUPPOSED to have in this country) and this whole coverage for preexisting conditions...ok, if someone is born with a condition can't hold that against 'em. But if you smoke 3 packs a day, get lung cancer then wanna get insurance...yeeeeeeeeaaaaaah, you shyt outta luck.

But hey, it is what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment